Introducing CytoDiVR - Explore Your Networks in Virtual Reality

ti...@menchelab.com

Apr 12, 2024, 11:52:21 AMApr 12
to cytoscape-app-dev

Dear Cytoscape App Developers,

I am excited to introduce you to CytoDiVR (https://github.com/menchelab/CytoDiVR), an application developed by our team at the MencheLab, University of Vienna. CytoDiVR seamlessly integrates Cytoscape with the Virtual Reality ecosystem DataDiVR(https://github.com/menchelab/DataDiVR_WebApp), providing you with an immersive platform to visualize your networks in 3D.

Our diverse team, comprised of experts in biology, medicine, physics, mathematics, architecture, and art, is committed to unraveling the molecular basis of genetic diseases and deciphering the complex relationships within biological systems. We are also pioneering the usage of Virtual Reality technology for exploring biological data. With CytoDiVR, we hope to provide a new and exciting way for you to explore your networks.

As seasoned users and developers of Cytoscape apps, we warmly invite you to explore CytoDiVR and share your feedback with us. Your insights are invaluable as we strive to enhance the user experience and functionality of our application.

Best regards, Till

Christopher Churas

Apr 26, 2024, 1:44:28 PMApr 26
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

VR networks, very interesting. I've been under the weather and haven't had a chance to check this out,
but if you want to make it accessible to cytoscape users I suggest submitting your app the Cytoscape App Store:

Submission is free and once up on the App Store, the app is easy for Cytoscape users to find and try out.

chris

ti...@menchelab.com

Apr 29, 2024, 11:24:14 AMApr 29
to cytoscape-app-dev

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your message and your suggestion regarding the Cytoscape App Store.

I appreciate your taking the time to look into my post and for making me aware of the app store. My initial plan was indeed to release CytoDiVR on the app store, but I wanted to gather some feedback here first. However, I will definitely consider submitting it to the App Store as the next step.

I hope you're feeling better soon, and I look forward to hearing any feedback you might have once you've had a chance to check out CytoDiVR.

Best regards, Till

Christopher Churas

May 13, 2024, 6:32:15 PMMay 13
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Trying to install DataDiVR I ran into the same issue as this one on a mac: https://github.com/menchelab/DataDiVR_WebApp/issues/20

chris

ti...@menchelab.com

May 16, 2024, 1:39:26 PMMay 16
to cytoscape-app-dev

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your feedback and for reporting your issue.

I have forwarded this problem to the DataDiVR team and they are looking into it. I will let you know as soon as we have found a solution.

Best regards,

Till

Christopher Churas

May 24, 2024, 1:42:53 PMMay 24
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I was able to get the DataDiVR webapp running now, but ran into problems with the CyEx extension and made a ticket:
https://github.com/ObT1337/CyEx/issues/1

To help cytoscape users understand your app and get people to try it out, it helps to add
some documentation to this page:

There is an "Editor Actions" button that lets you enter text, links and images.

let me know if you have any issues or questions,

chris

Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 10.40.57 AM.png

ti...@menchelab.com

Jun 3, 2024, 2:20:30 PMJun 3
to cytoscape-app-dev
Hey Chris,

I apologize for the delayed response. I've responded to the your GitHub issue regarding your problem.

Thank you for letting me know that our app is already available in the store, I didn't receive any notification about that. I highly appreciate your feedback and support in this process. Thanks a lot, I look forward to your further feedback.

Till