Save an xml file into Resource directory and Apply Force-Directed Layout in the network.

pritam saha

Jul 4, 2021, 6:31:52 PM7/4/21
to cytoscape-app-dev

Hello Everyone,

  1. I am trying to edit an XML file that is in the resource directory and save it there. I am not able to find any particular method to do it.
  2. I am trying to apply a Force-Directed Layout to my network. I can use a grid layout algorithm for the network. The code which I am using is given below: https://github.com/cannin/causalpath_cytoscape_app/blob/41c8be4f5467e52ef2287562563fec10c3036e0a/casualpath-cytoscape-app/src/main/java/org/cytoscape/sample/internal/utils/CyNetworkUtils.java#L81

     I am not able to figure out what should be the command for applying this algorithm.

Please help me out on these two issues.

Thanks,

Pritam Saha

churas...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2021, 1:48:01 PM7/8/21
to cytoscape-app-dev
Hi,

For question #1 are you asking about saving properties for your app? If so, this might be helpful:

For question #2 the value after 'layout' is the name of the layout algorithm. In the example code you linked to, try replacing 'grid' with 'force-directed'

hope this helps,

chris

pritam saha

Jul 8, 2021, 3:07:08 PM7/8/21
to cytoscape-app-dev
Thanks, Chris for your help.

For question #1, I was trying to edit the XML file which contains some style for the app. I will try the answer you have shared.

For question # 2, It worked. Thank you for the command.

Regards,
Pritam

Christopher Churas

Jul 8, 2021, 4:36:24 PM7/8/21
to cytoscap...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Oh you mean the xml file relating to styles. Here is some information about importing and exporting style xml files in Cytoscape:

For programmatic ways to load styles look at this section in the cookbook:

chris

pritam saha

Jul 8, 2021, 5:11:43 PM7/8/21
to cytoscape-app-dev
Thank you again Chris for the resources.

I have also found the same link for programmatically loading the style. and have been able to start with it

Regards,

Pritam