Synchronous Task Manager Is not Working Properly

pritam saha

Oct 14, 2021, 10:23:07 AM10/14/21
to cytoscape-app-dev
Exception setting tunable value.
    at org.cytoscape.work.internal.sync.SyncTunableHandler.handle(SyncTunableHandler.java:53)
    at org.cytoscape.work.internal.sync.SyncTunableMutator.validateAndWriteBack(SyncTunableMutator.java:59)
    at org.cytoscape.work.internal.sync.SyncTaskManager.displayTunables(SyncTaskManager.java:106)
    at org.cytoscape.work.internal.sync.SyncTaskManager.execute(SyncTaskManager.java:78)
    at org.cytoscape.work.internal.sync.SyncTaskManager.execute(SyncTaskManager.java:99)

Hello Everyone,
I am using SynchronousTaskManager for executing my Task Iterator, But it is causing the above problem.

The link to the code:

All though It was working previously,
I have referred to Cytocopter for the code,

I am trying to import the sif file which calls the SIFImport class
which eventually calls the SyncTaskManager, But it is failing.

Please help me out on this.

Thanks,
Pritam

Scooter Morris

Oct 14, 2021, 10:42:53 AM10/14/21
to cytoscape-app-dev
Your code didn't set the value of your Tunables.  The SynchronousTaskManager doesn't provide a UI, so you need to specifically set the values for each of the Tunables before executing the Task.

-- scooter

pritam saha

Oct 14, 2021, 11:01:06 AM10/14/21
to cytoscape-app-dev
Thank you, Scooter for the response.

Can you help me with this which Tunables I need to set to run it properly?

I am aware of the syntax of the Tunables.
Below is a sample.
@Tunable(description = "networkName", context = "nogui")
public String networkName = "";

Please help me out on this.
Thanks,
Pritam

Scooter Morris

Oct 21, 2021, 11:09:41 AM10/21/21
to cytoscape-app-dev
You need to set the values of ALL tunables in your task.  You can do this by using a TunableSetter, but what I typically do is to have alternative constructors when I use a SynchronousTaskManager that just sets the values directly.

-- scooter