Inversion in chromosome 11

manisha desai

Mar 25, 2021, 6:53:20 AM3/25/21
to cytogenetics-methods...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
A case having multiple miscarriages and IUI failures was referred for chromosomal analysis, One of the chromosome 11 is altered suspecting pericentric inversion [46,XY,inv(11)(p15q13)]. Karyotypes attached.
Please give your expert opinion and oblige.

Thanks and regards
Manisha

IMAGE-1.jpg
IMAGE-2.jpg
IMAGE-3.jpg
IMAGE-4.jpg
IMAGE-5.jpg
IMAGE-6.jpg

Sara Frias

Mar 25, 2021, 9:32:06 PM3/25/21
to cytogenetics-methods...@googlegroups.com
Dear Manisha,
I agree with what you propose, however, because the short arms of the inverted chromosome are very small, I think that the break in q must be very proximal to the centromere, it can be q12.3 or q 3.1, and the break point in the short arm looks distal, maybe 11p15.5 .
My opinion.
Sara Frias

Dra. Sara Frias Instituto Nacional de Pediatría México /Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas UNAM Insurgentes Sur 3700-C, CP 04530, Col. Insurgentes-Cuicuilco, Mexico D.F., México. Phone: Lab and FAX(5255)10845533, e-mail sara...@yahoo.com sara...@biomedicas.unam.mx

Dominiqu...@radboudumc.nl

Mar 25, 2021, 9:32:26 PM3/25/21
to cytogenetics-methods...@googlegroups.com

Dear Manisha,

I fully agree that the most probable explanation for the aberrant chromosome 11 is a pericentric inversion. There is quite a large risk that a cross-over occurs during meiosis I within the inversion loop of both chromosomes 11 and this will subsequently result in relatively large duplications and deletions of short, or long arm of chromosome 11 which is probably not compatible with life thus explaining the miscarriages.

Regards,

Dominique

http://www.humangenetics.nl

http://www.genomediagnosticsnijmegen.nl/

De informatie in dit bericht is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Aan dit bericht en de bijlagen kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend. Heeft u deze e-mail onbedoeld ontvangen? Dan verzoeken wij u het te vernietigen en de afzender te informeren. Openbaar maken, kopiëren en verspreiden van deze e-mail of informatie uit deze e-mail is alleen toegestaan met voorafgaande schriftelijke toestemming van de afzender. Het Radboudumc staat geregistreerd bij de Kamer van Koophandel in het handelsregister onder nummer 80262783.

The content of this message is intended solely for the addressee. No rights can be derived from this message or its attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, we kindly request you to delete the message and inform the sender. It is strictly prohibited to disclose, copy or distribute this email or the information inside it, without a written consent from the sender. Radboud university medical center is registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce trade register with number 80262783.

manisha desai

Mar 26, 2021, 6:33:03 AM3/26/21
to 'Sara Frias' via Cytogenetics methods and trouble-shooting Forum
Thank you so much for your immediate response and valuable opinion. This surely helped us a lot.

Thank you and regards,
Manisha J Desai

manisha desai

Mar 26, 2021, 6:33:18 AM3/26/21