Plasma Cell Enriched - FISH

K H Ramesh

Apr 14, 2023, 6:13:34 AM4/14/23
to cytogenetics-methods...@googlegroups.com

Dear Colleagues:

I would appreciate any thoughts on the Miltenyi BioTech - AutoMacs Pro Separator.

Thank you.

Ramesh

osuc...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2023, 6:33:46 AM4/16/23
to Cytogenetics methods and trouble-shooting Forum
Hi Ramesh,

I have routinely used the device for several years. I would be happy to discuss the instrument, Miltenyi support, and SOPs.

Feel free to reach out to my work email: hea...@cache-DNA.com

Thanks!

Racha El-Hajj (SCHN)

Apr 18, 2023, 9:04:45 AM4/18/23
to cytogenetics-methods...@googlegroups.com

Hi Ramesh,

We have been using this robot for several years in the cytogenetics lab at the Children’s Hospital Westmead, Sydney NSW Australia. It is very reliable, and I would recommend it.

I am happy to help with the protocols.

Regards

Racha

Dr Racha El-Hajj JP (PhD, MHGSA) | Senior Scientist | FISH Lab Team Leader | Cytogenetics
t: (02) 9845 3245 | f: (02) 9845 3238 | e: racha....@health.nsw.gov.au | w: www.schn.health.nsw.gov.au

Cnr Hawkesbury Road and Hainsworth Street, Westmead, NSW Australia
Locked Bag 4001, Westmead 2145, NSW Australia

Apr 21, 2023, 1:52:44 AM4/21/23
to cytogenetics-methods...@googlegroups.com
We had that machine for years. It was always getting clogged and otherwise breaking down. We had to have repair technicians in to fix it at least once a month, oftentimes more.

Racha El-Hajj (SCHN)

Apr 23, 2023, 6:48:07 AM4/23/23
to cytogenetics-methods...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark
So sorry to hear your concerns about this magical device. We never had this problem.  Are you passing your sample through a strainer before feeding the robot?
Our machine is running smoothly. We have an average of 15 samples per week. It is serviced once every six months. Happy to share with you some hints to help.
Regards
Racha

Apr 23, 2023, 6:48:50 AM4/23/23
to cytogenetics-methods...@googlegroups.com

Dear Mark:

Thank you.

Can you send me a phone # where I can reach you.

Thanks.

Ramesh