CD138 seperation for multiple myeloma FISH analysis

Esraa

Feb 24, 2021, 4:40:10 AM2/24/21
to Cytogenetics methods and trouble-shooting Forum
Dear all,

I've used EasySep human CD138 positive selection Kit II
I end up having few CD138 cells, and when I harvested it (following AGT protocol) I couldn't see any cell under the microscope.

I'm wondering, Has anyone used the same kit and end up with many cells ?
Do you recommend EasySep human whole blood and bone marrow CD138 positive selection kit II?
What is your recommendation for the harvesting procedure to do FISH analysis after cell separation?

Thank you

Jasen Anderson

Feb 25, 2021, 4:50:17 AM2/25/21
to cytogenetics-methods...@googlegroups.com
Check the flow cell levels before you do it. Often that's the deciding factor. Under 5% plasma cells it is usually not viable to go forward and attempt to concentrate these cells and get many for FISH testing. We've tried as low as 0.5% with unsatisfactory results.
Cheers
Jasen