Male Karyotype with Iso X chromosome

surya prakash

Jan 21, 2021, 9:27:11 PM1/21/21
to Cytogenetics methods and trouble-shooting Forum

Dear all,

             I am attaching karyotype images of  30 years  male with azoospermia . We got result of one  Iso X chromosome and normal Y chromosome with total chromosome number of 46. ( both A&B tubes).  Please comment on mechanism  of Iso X in male , please share relevant  paper  .

Note : YCMD is negative .

Iso ( X).jpg-3.jpg
Iso ( X).jpg-5.jpg
Iso ( X).jpg-2.jpg
Iso ( X).jpg-4.jpg
Iso ( X).jpg-1.jpg
Iso X.jpg

Fatma SILAN

Jan 23, 2021, 1:07:51 AM1/23/21
to cytogenetics-methods...@googlegroups.com
Dear Surya
qf pcr may be helpful for origin of iso X...
best

Güven Toksoy

Jan 23, 2021, 1:08:05 AM1/23/21
to cytogenetics-methods...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Is there a clinical findings except azospermia? This der X may not be i(X), it could be a der(X)t(X;X?)(p22.1?;q22.3?). I recommend you get better banded resolution and Arm specific painting FISH of Xp and Xq. ( X is misplaced in the last picture, replaced with chromosome 2).

regards

Dr. Öğr. Üyesi Güven Toksoy, PhD
Tıbbi Genetik AD
İstanbul Tıp Fakültesi
İstanbul Üniversitesi

Dominiqu...@radboudumc.nl

Jan 23, 2021, 1:08:27 AM1/23/21
to cytogenetics-methods...@googlegroups.com

Dear Surya,

Probably this is not an iso X chromosome but merely a duplication of for instance the distal part of Xq sitting on top of the Xp. You could proof this by applying FISH and/or microarray.

By the way, in the last cell chromosome 2 and X are switched.

Best regards,

Dominique Smeets, Nijmegen

Genome Diagnostics

De informatie in dit bericht is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Aan dit bericht en de bijlagen kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend. Heeft u deze e-mail onbedoeld ontvangen? Dan verzoeken wij u het te vernietigen en de afzender te informeren. Openbaar maken, kopiëren en verspreiden van deze e-mail of informatie uit deze e-mail is alleen toegestaan met voorafgaande schriftelijke toestemming van de afzender. Het Radboudumc staat geregistreerd bij de Kamer van Koophandel in het handelsregister onder nummer 80262783.

The content of this message is intended solely for the addressee. No rights can be derived from this message or its attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, we kindly request you to delete the message and inform the sender. It is strictly prohibited to disclose, copy or distribute this email or the information inside it, without a written consent from the sender. Radboud university medical center is registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce trade register with number 80262783.

Orsetta Zuffardi

Jan 23, 2021, 1:08:49 AM1/23/21
to cytogenetics-methods...@googlegroups.com

Dear Surya,
I don't think the abnormal chrX is an isochromosome for the long arm.

Rather, it appears to be an X chromosome to which something else is attached to the distal short arm.

If the proband is azoospermic and has no other problems, it is probably a piece of the Y chromosome.

What other techniques can you use to better investigate the case?

best
orsetta zuffardi

Orsetta Zuffardi
Professor Emeritus of Human Genetics
Department of Molecular Medicine
University of Pavia
Via Forlanini, 14
27100 Pavia - Italy
Tel: +39 0382 987733

Cell: 338 3910040

Sara Frias

Jan 23, 2021, 1:09:07 AM1/23/21
to Cytogenetics methods and trouble-shooting Forum
Dear Suria,
I suggest to be sure it is an isochromosome of X. Is it possible for you to perform FISH studies?  painting of X chromosome would be very useful, to identify an isochromosome or a translocation X;?

Dra. Sara Frias Instituto Nacional de Pediatría México /Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas UNAM Insurgentes Sur 3700-C, CP 04530, Col. Insurgentes-Cuicuilco, Mexico D.F., México. Phone: Lab and FAX(5255)10845533, e-mail sara...@yahoo.com sara...@biomedicas.unam.mx

Alberto Plaja

Jan 24, 2021, 9:05:42 PM1/24/21
to cytogenetics-methods...@googlegroups.com
Total loss of p arm is incompatible with life. Also in the karyotypes with better resolution (Iso (X) .jpg-5 and Iso X.jpg (abnormal X chromosome is ordered as left chromosome 2) both telomeric regions have subtle but clear band pattern differences. So it is not an isochromosome Xq. Banding pattern has no allow further characterization, but the relatively normal phenotype suggest probably a partial chromosome X duplication.

Alberto

Alberto Plaja

Unitat d'Arrays. Àrea de genètica clínica i molecular

Módul Blau (Pta. baixa)

Hospital Universitari Vall d'Hebron

Passeig de la Vall d’Hebron, 119-129 - 08035 Barcelona - Spain
( 93 4893000 ext 3790
Professor associat
Unitat de Biologia Cel•lular i Genètica Mèdica
Facultat de Medicina
Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
Bellaterra 08193. Barcelona

surya prakash

Jan 25, 2021, 9:36:09 PM1/25/21
to Cytogenetics methods and trouble-shooting Forum
Thank you for your comments.