Fwd:

ritu rao

Jul 10, 2021, 3:44:11 AM7/10/21
to cytogenetics-methods...@googlegroups.com
Pls comment on chromosome 21. The spreads are from a one year old baby distinctive of downs ... some netqphases are also showing monosomy 21

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Genetics Craft <craftg...@gmail.com>
Date: 8 July 2021 at 5:00:33 PM IST
To: ritu rao <rao...@gmail.com>

Thanks & Regards
Medical Genetics Department
CRAFT Hospital & Research centre
Kodungallur , India

K H Ramesh

Jul 11, 2021, 9:40:15 PM7/11/21
to cytogenetics-methods...@googlegroups.com

Dear Ritu:

In met pics #2 and the last one only does it look like ?t(21;21).  If you can please do metaphase and interphase FISH Analysis with the 21q probe.

In how many cells did you see the mono 21, and were they all from the same cultures or different cultures?

Best

Ramesh

K H Ramesh, Ph.D., ABMGG, FACMG

Professor of Pathology

Director of Clinical Cytogenetics & CytoGenomics

Montefiore Medical Center & Albert Einstein College of Medicine

1635 Poplar Street

Bronx, NY 10461

kra...@montefiore.org

7184058105 (W); 9143841117 (C); 7189313637 (F)

Adjunct Professor - MD Anderson Cancer Center, School of Health Professions

Jul 11, 2021, 9:40:35 PM7/11/21
to cytogenetics-methods...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
it looks like small ring 21, its explain the mosaic status. I think, if you can do GTG banding with high resolution, you can see the ring form more clearly. Also, I recommend making an array.
regards
Dr. Öğr. Üyesi Güven Toksoy, PhD
Tıbbi Genetik AD
İstanbul Tıp Fakültesi
İstanbul Üniversitesi

ritu rao <rao...@gmail.com>, 10 Tem 2021 Cmt, 10:44 tarihinde şunu yazdı:

Paul Oei

Jul 13, 2021, 6:25:54 AM7/13/21
to cytogenetics-methods...@googlegroups.com
Looks like r(21).  Dynamic instability seen here would also fit with ring..

This e-mail may be confidential and may also be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED.  It is intended only for the addressee so if you have received this in error, please delete it from your computer system and inform the sender by e-mail or telephone (+64-9-307-3981).  If you are not the addressee, please be advised that any use or dissemination of the information and any reproduction or transmission of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Thank you

<image001.jpg>
<image002.jpg>
<image003.jpg>
<image004.jpg>