Managing Compiled Output

Tom G

May 18, 2021, 2:20:45 PM5/18/21
to cython-users
I have started utilizing the benefits of Cython in my PyCharm IDE, including upwards of 50% or more at times.

There seems to be quite a bit to learn about optimizing and configuring the build.  An area that I was wondering could be improved is where the cython output files are placed.  I have found that mapping everything to the same name as the .pyx file makes them group together, but the IDE wants to pick up the *.c, *.so and *.html files as part of deploying, get and TODOs.

This may be the normal expected behavior, but I was wondering if there was a way to map those files into folders in the project structure, as that is the level one can exxlude or include things generally.  I was wondering this since Cython creates a temp folder in build.

Are there any best practices or options that I can leverage in regard to Cython build or using it with PyCharm that someone can pass along.  Thanks