Docs or examples of exposing Cython functions so other Cython projects can cimport?

ajfr...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2022, 8:19:32 PM4/21/22
to cython-users
Hi,

We have a Cython package that wraps an existing C library: https://uber.github.io/h3-py/

We'd like to expose the Cython functions (and maybe even the underlying C functions) as part of the package's public API so that other Cython users can `cimport` them into their own projects. Similar to what numpy, scipy, etc. do: https://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/dev/contributor/public_cython_api.html

Are there any existing documentation sources or good examples on how to do this? I think that would be helpful as we try to figure out the solution for our project: https://github.com/uber/h3-py/pull/224

Thanks,
AJ

ajfr...@gmail.com

May 15, 2022, 4:58:31 PM5/15/22
to cython-users
For future reference, we got this working for our project in these PRs:

AJ