Not able to build hood-blue in Mac M1

Bhavya Mishra

Nov 8, 2022, 1:39:14 AM11/8/22
to cython-users
Hi all,

I am trying to build hoomd in my Mac with M1.
I am getting this error:

ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/bhavyamishra/opt/anaconda3/lib/libpython3.9.dylib, building for macOS-arm64 but attempting to link with file built for macOS-x86_64

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Bhavya

Julien Jerphanion

Nov 8, 2022, 8:38:29 AM11/8/22
to cython-users

Hi Bhavya,

This might be linked to a problem with system version compatibility on Mac which makes compilers built shared libraries for a different architecture.
pypa/pip#10793 and actions/setup-python#469 reports similar problems.

You might want to adapt the SYSTEM_VERSION_COMPAT environement variable for your terminal session (or probably even globally to ease development generally)
by setting its values to (at least, based on the piece of source code given above) 0, 1 or 2.

Also (and you probably had done it already), installing and using the suite of compilers distributed on conda-forge instead of your system's might
also prevent problems (such as the one you are facing) and allow accessing all features (e.g. OpenMP support) when it compiling (Python) libraries' code.

I hope this will help the resolution of this problem.
Julien.