new Cypher build almost ready

1 view

Sherman Monroe

Jul 29, 2008, 6:22:21 PM7/29/08
to cypher-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I would like to announce a major new release for Cypher which is being made ready for deployment. Most of the enhancements are made on the backend. I'm most excited about the fact that now, Cypher connects to and uses DBPedia as a source repository!! So you can do things like "People who know actors who played in 12 Monkeys, people born on George Washington's birthday" and pull results from a mesh of Wikipedia and your own data sources. A new dbpedia lexicon is also in the works that will be based on the dbpedia namespace and ontology.

Expect the release to come forth within the next two weeks. Also, an online demo is expected to accompany the release.

Enjoy,
-sherman

--
I pray that you may prosper in all things and be healthy, even as your soul prospers
(3 John 1:2)

Sherman Monroe

Sep 24, 2008, 11:11:37 AM9/24/08
to de...@suffolk.lib.ny.us, cypher-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Micheal,

Thanks so much for your interest in Cypher! The release has been pushed back due to some optimizations we're making to the core engine. Expect announcements to come in early October.

-sherman

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 12:26 PM, Michael Denny <de...@suffolk.lib.ny.us> wrote:

Sherman,

The link Download Cypher (version 1.9) » on http://www.monrai.com/products/cypher still leads to the version 1.2 code.  Do you now have an expected release date for 1.9 beta code?   Thanks.