Re: rdf - question

Sherman Monroe

Apr 14, 2008, 7:13:46 AM4/14/08
to Erik Ivancak, cypher-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Erik,

Thanks for your interest in Cypher!

One option is to turn on the cypher.output.commit option, which will cause Cypher to output all RDF into the rdf.repository.output repository. Then you can either run queries against it, or export the RDF in one bulk file using the interface at http://<sesame-host>:<sesame-port>/openrdf-sesame.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
-sherman

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 2:17 AM, Erik Ivancak <iva...@solveit.sk> wrote:
Hi,
 I have one small problem. Is any chance to merge all rdf files in one file?

When I process cypher I have every rdf file in new folder as you have in your documentation. But is any chance to change it?

Thank you very much for your answer.

Erik Ivancak

--
I pray that you may prosper in all things and be healthy, even as your soul prospers
(3 John 1:2)

Sherman Monroe

Apr 15, 2008, 8:06:23 AM4/15/08
to Erik Ivancak, cypher-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Erik,

Step 1 is not currently a feature, but I will add it to this week's release.  How would you suggest the bulk file be structured, keeping in mind that each .rdf file results from a certain sentence in a certain input file, i.e. each .rdf output relates to a namespace of the form <inputfile>/<sentence>. I could create a startup option like cypher.output.bulkFileName which allows user to specify an archive directory (ending in .zip, .tar.gz, etc) to export the rdf, or a directory to export the list of files. You input in this would be greatly appreciated.

For now, try using the repository browser:

http://<sesame-host>:<sesame-port>/openrdf-workbench

Here are the steps to export:

Chose the repository that corresponds to the rdf.repository.output startup property. Then on the left side panel, chose explore. You can browse the triples from here, or enter the URI of a resource (be sure to include the brackets) as a starting point.

Cheers,
-sherman

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 2:46 AM, Erik Ivancak <iva...@solveit.sk> wrote:
Hi Sherman,
 thanks for your answer.

I have tried first option before (also now) but it didn't helps. I still have all rdf in every folder which is ok, but I don't have one merged rdf. I am not sure if I have to look into repository (output) in folder where I have cypher or in local services (documents and settings).
In cypher folder in output repository is nothing (empty folder).
In documents and settings I have only hash, dat, id and prop files as I have before.

Also in cypher console I have only this output:

2008-04-15 08:57:06,218: OUT> D:/cypher/out\a.txt\Tim knows Max\1\statements.rdf
2008-04-15 08:57:08,015: OUT> D:/cypher/out\a.txt\Danny knows Max\1\statements.rdf
2008-04-15 08:57:09,171: OUT> D:/cypher/out\a.txt\Ryan knows Max\1\statements.rdf
2008-04-15 08:57:10,000: OUT> D:/cypher/out\b.txt\who knows Max\1\query.sparql
2008-04-15 08:57:10,593: OUT> D:/cypher/out\b.txt\who knows Max\1\statements.rdf

Second option - using export RDF in one bulk can help me but in interface http://<sesame-host>:<sesame-port>/openrdf-sesame I have only HOME and SYSTEM folder and in SYSTEM folder I have SYSTEM INFORMATION and LOGGING. I have no idea where to find rdf files there.

Thanks very much.

Erik Ivancak

SESAME Version:2.0-1
CYPHER Version: cypher.1.1.5.beta