TWoFCS 2021 - Invitation to submit to the EPJN Special Issue on “Fuel Cycle Simulations”

1 view

TWoFCS 2020

Mar 8, 2021, 10:25:50 AM3/8/21
to Fanny Courtin

Dear Colleagues,

From time to time, as part of its editorial development, EPJ N publishes some Topical Issues, which are collections of high quality articles focusing on subjects of particular interest in the field of Nuclear Sciences and Technologies. The field of Fuel Cycle Simulations in connection with the 5th Technical Workshop on Fuel Cycle Simulation (TWoFCS 2021) was recently identified as a timely research area, fitting the purpose of being highlighted via with a dedicated collection.

Fuel cycle simulation codes are developed to enhance the scientific knowledge related to nuclear fuel cycle physics. While those tools help to understand fuel cycle physics and to highlight drivers for nuclear inventories, they are also used as boundary objects for building interdisciplinary researches in link with sociology, economics, etc. Many different fuel cycle simulation tools are developed by nuclear engineering and research institutions.

Since 2015, an international effort has been made between fuel cycle simulator developers and users in order to connect stakeholders and facilitate the development of international collaborations. In this framework, the Technical Workshop on Fuel Cycle Simulation (TWoFCS) is organized each year to provide the opportunity for scientists to present and exchange about their work and to build collaborations and projects at national and international levels. This 2021 workshop edition is organized by CEA, CNRS/IN2P3 and IRSN and will be held in Aix-en-Provence (France) from Tuesday, June 29th to Thursday, July 1st, 2021.

In addition to the call for oral presentations, this year edition of TWoFCS welcomes the submission of full-length technical papers (4 to 15 pages) on the following technical topics:

  • Fuel cycle simulation tools and physical models
  • Nuclear fuel cycle scenario studies
  • Energy transition scenario studies (including nuclear and other energy types)
  • Exploratory analysis (optimization, uncertainty, resilience / robustness, etc.)
  • Benchmarks and validation
  • Interdisciplinary studies (economics and sociology for nuclear fuel cycles and scenarios)
  • Renewables and nuclear energy modeling considerations (load following, energy storage, hybrid systems, etc.)

The call for paper can be found on EPJN website: https://www.epj-n.org/component/content/article/11-news/271-call-for-papers-epj-n-topical-issue-on-fuel-cycle-simulation

In view of your contribution to this field, we would be delighted if you were to accept to prepare an article. We therefore issue here a formal invitation for you to submit an article to this collection.

We refer you to the journal’s instructions-for-authors webpage to provide you with some guidance on how to prepare your article as well as http://epj.org/images/stories/latex/epj_b_d_e_ap.zip for some style files.

All invited contributions will be submitted through our online manuscript management system and refereed through the usual standards of the journal, to ensure that this collection has maximum reach in terms of visibility and impact within the community.

Following the production process, articles will be published according to the Consecutive Article Publishing model, meaning that all articles are published online as soon as possible after acceptance and then grouped together under the relevant Topical Collections header – please see LINK.

The deadline for submission is 30 June 2021. We anticipate that the first articles will be published towards the end of December 2021 (or earlier, depending on the outcome of the peer review process).

We would be glad if you were able to accept this invitation and look forward to hearing from you by 30 April 2021.

Thank you in advance for your time and interest.

Best regards,

The Guest Editors

Francisco Alvarez-Velarde, CIEMAT, Spain

Fanny Courtin, CEA, France (Fanny....@cea.fr)

Philippe Moisy, CEA, France

Léa Tillard, Orano group, France

***Please note that EPJ N is a Gold Open Access publication, therefore to support the journal long-term sustainability, we ask authors to pay an Article Processing Charge (APC) of 300 Euros/published article. Under certain conditions, as a result of agreements signed between EDP Sciences & relevant Institutions or in case of formal invitations, such as this letter, it is left to the authors’ discretion to pay this APC. Please contact our Editorial Office (or isabelle.a...@edpsciences.org, the Senior Publisher for EPJ N) in order to receive more information.***

TWoFCS 2020

Apr 27, 2021, 5:39:24 AM4/27/21

Dear Colleagues,

From time to time, as part of its editorial development, EPJ N publishes some Topical Issues, which are collections of high quality articles focusing on subjects of particular interest in the field of Nuclear Sciences and Technologies. The field of Fuel Cycle Simulations in connection with the 5th Technical Workshop on Fuel Cycle Simulation (TWoFCS 2021) was recently identified as a timely research area, fitting the purpose of being highlighted via with a dedicated collection.

Fuel cycle simulation codes are developed to enhance the scientific knowledge related to nuclear fuel cycle physics. While those tools help to understand fuel cycle physics and to highlight drivers for nuclear inventories, they are also used as boundary objects for building interdisciplinary researches in link with sociology, economics, etc. Many different fuel cycle simulation tools are developed by nuclear engineering and research institutions.

Since 2015, an international effort has been made between fuel cycle simulator developers and users in order to connect stakeholders and facilitate the development of international collaborations. In this framework, the Technical Workshop on Fuel Cycle Simulation (TWoFCS) is organized each year to provide the opportunity for scientists to present and exchange about their work and to build collaborations and projects at national and international levels. This 2021 workshop edition is organized by CEA, CNRS/IN2P3 and IRSN and will be held remotely from Monday, June 28th to Friday, July 2nd, 2021.

[...]

We would be glad if you could notify,  to the guest editor boardyour intention to submit a full paper for this EPJN issue by 30 April 2021.

Francisco Alvarez-Velarde, CIEMAT, Spain - francisc...@ciemat.es

Fanny Courtin, CEA, France  - fanny.c...@cea.fr

Philippe Moisy, CEA, France - philipp...@cea.fr

Léa Tillard, Orano group, France - lea.t...@orano.group