Cyclox meeting on the Traffic Filters

andy.c...@gmail.com

May 10, 2024, 5:36:47 AMMay 10
to cyclox...@googlegroups.com

The Oxford traffic filters - what is going to happen?

Wednesday22nd May 7.30pm St Michael’s at the Northgate community room.

Note this is in person, in real life, not online – booking is necessary as the venue is small.

StreetView: St Michael's at the Northgate

In November this year, Oxfordshire County Council will be bringing in six traffic filters around the city, with the principle aim of speeding up bus journeys.

Zuhura Plummer, Director Oxfordshire Liveable Streets has spent the last two years learning about how the filters will work and the effect of the permits. Cyclox is in favour of the filters because reducing motor traffic is one of the elements of Vision Zero, Safe streets for all. We know that people are put off cycling because of heavy traffic congestion.

Zuhura will look at the context, the politics and the practicality with lots of time for questions. We’re not going to debate the policy itself but want to learn how it will work in practice. All welcome, we’ll have refreshments.

Book here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/cyclox-29217050671