DfT penalty enforcement questionare (closes 11th May)

JAMES DAWTON

May 4, 2024, 12:17:11 PMMay 4
to Forum, Cyclox

I see from the CUK forum there is a DfT consultation on road rules enforcement.  With a deadline of 11th May, may be put it in this comming week's e mail, and the traffic control point in the following week (minus 8th May meeting details): -

The DfT has a consultation on allocation of funds raised from driver enforcement penalties - the consultation (on line questionaire) closes 11th May.

Some of the general drift is wether any surplus from the penalties should go to Whitehall rather than the local authority, to deter local authorities from using penalties as a cash raiser. Beware of leading questions, it all smacks of the Governments "support for drivers". Beware leading questions, they always ask if you felt enforcement is unfair, and why was that. They never ask why you think enforcement is fair. Fortunately there are text boxes to make your point. My text said the current level of enforcement was unfair to non motorised users.

The more active travel people who respond, the better to get our message across.

https://www.gov.uk/government/calls-for-evidence/restricting-the-generation-of-surplus-funds-from-traffic-contraventions/restricting-the-generation-of-surplus-funds-from-traffic-contraventions      gets you to the start.

You can read the questions in advance here (NB Q 6 - 36 are for local authorities); -

https://www.gov.uk/government/calls-for-evidence/restricting-the-generation-of-surplus-funds-from-traffic-contraventions/restricting-the-generation-of-surplus-funds-from-traffic-contraventions#full-list-of-questions

With the on line questionaire here (didn't take very long): - https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/C5DUXB/

Cheers,

James

Andy Chivers

May 4, 2024, 12:35:43 PMMay 4
to cyclox...@googlegroups.com
Thanks James, this is really useful .
Vest wishes
Andy

Please 'LIKE' our Facebook Fan Page - it really helps.
https://www.facebook.com/Cycloxfanpage

not a member yet? Do join online at http://www.cyclox.org/join-us/

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/cyclox-forum?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Cyclox-Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cyclox-forum/4e9dbde5.b7f8.18f44651b5a.Webtop.124%40btinternet.com.