Fwd: Worcester Street/Hythe Bridge Street

JAMES DAWTON

Jun 12, 2024, 3:22:38 PMJun 12
to Forum, Cyclox

A few more details via Graham, it will probably last 2 weeks.

Cheers,

James

140 Poplar Grove

Kennington,
Oxford,
OX1 5QP

Worcester Street/Hythe Bridge Street

Next week we are going to be working in Worcester Street and Hythe Bridge Street to temporarily remove the bollards shown in the images above. This work is to create a diversion while we are installing the new water main under Botley Road bridge. From Tuesday (11 June) there will be temporary traffic lights in place to allow us to work safely.

The diversion is required as we need to use the southern (westbound) lane of Frideswide Square as an area for assembling the pipework, which is 100m long and around 1m wide, that then needs to be inserted into the concrete sleeve/tube that has been installed under the road below rail bridge.

It will mean there will be no access into Frideswide Square for vehicles from the Hollybush Row/Park End Street roundabout. Instead, access to Frideswide Square and the station will be via Park End Street, Worcester Street and along Hythe Bridge Street. There will only be a single lane open through Frideswide Square which will be managed by temporary traffic lights. The work in Frideswide Square is due to start on Monday 17 June and is expected to last two weeks. We’re sorry for the additional disruption this may cause.