EATF tranche 2

Leo Borwick

Nov 12, 2020, 1:48:03 PM11/12/20
to cycle-...@googlegroups.com
There are strong rumours that the second tranche of funding for Emergency Active Travel Schemes will finally be announced by the DfT at midnight tonight. The indications are that concessions will have been made to "bikelash" from Tory back benchers and councillors.  With luck, this will extend only to the messaging and not to the substance of what will be funded.  It seems likely that at the very least there will be requirements for advance consultation, in place of, or in addition to the EATF 1 approach of installing temporary schemes and asking people to comment.

Leo

David Penny

Nov 12, 2020, 2:02:01 PM11/12/20
to cycle-...@googlegroups.com
For example Leo, though I expect you've seen this and our own Tom Hunt's ill-informed letter to Grant Shapps too (similar content):

The Rt Hon Grant Shapps MP Secretary of State for Transport Department for Transport Great Minster House 33 Horseferry Road London SW1P 4DR 5th November 2020

There are strong rumours that the second tranche of funding for Emergency Active Travel Schemes will finally be announced by the DfT at midnight tonight. The indications are that concessions will have been made to "bikelash" from Tory back benchers and councillors.  With luck, this will extend only to the messaging and not to the substance of what will be funded.  It seems likely that at the very least there will be requirements for advance consultation, in place of, or in addition to the EATF 1 approach of installing temporary schemes and asking people to comment.

Leo

Joni Doe

Nov 13, 2020, 12:23:04 PM11/13/20
to cycle-...@googlegroups.com
Don't forget they even got N*gel F*rage got in on bashing cyclists this week - piece in the Mail on Sunday stating cyclists 'blast past me at 40[sic]mph'!!!! They're reaching, I doubt there'll be any substantive change. Let's hope not anyway.

Joni Doe
Ipswich Bike Kitchen

Leo Borwick

Nov 13, 2020, 12:31:55 PM11/13/20
to cycle-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joni,

As you may have heard, the announcement was made and Suffolk got slightly more than it's projected allocation, as a result of the quality of its implementation first time round, as judged by the DfT.  The only substantive qualification seems to be that there has to be consultation before schemes are implemented.

Leo

Shaun McDonald

Nov 14, 2020, 5:56:51 PM11/14/20
to noreply-spamdigest via Cycle Ipswich
Hi,

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/suffolk-gets-1-7m-for-cycling-1-6928209

Article in the Ipswich Star about the allocation of funding. Seems cllr Paul West was speaking to the media before reading the specification requirements of the funding, or trying to avoid the bikelash.

Article online seems to be updated with the comments from the county's highways department compared to the paper article.

Full size photos of the paper version of the article: https://cloud.cycleipswich.org.uk/index.php/s/PzBHF7sitmYykaa

Shaun