Fwd: Hello from Love To Ride's New Project Manager for Suffolk!

Leo Borwick

May 19, 2021, 7:01:41 AM5/19/21
to cycle-...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Gayle Amorowson <ga...@lovetoride.org>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2021, 13:05
Subject: Re: Hello from Love To Ride's New Project Manager for Suffolk!
To: Leo Borwick <leobo...@gmail.com>

Hi Leo,

Apologies once again for the delay in replying! This is a super busy time for me promoting the challenge but I do hope I'm not too late!

So this is the information that I have sent out to retailers and Love To Ride users this week. It gives you a brief introduction to the project and who I am and then tells them about Bike Month and how to register. This is obviously longer than you were hoping for! Is it workable do you think, can you pick pieces out? Is it also something that you can circulate to the businesses who have signed up to your Charter?

"I'm thrilled to be able to introduce myself as the new Local Project Manager for Love To Ride Suffolk,  in partnership with Suffolk County Council. Here's a bit about me and my new role. Love To Ride's challenges appeal to regular, occasional and non-cyclists.

As a county, we already have over 2300 participants and 274 workplaces signed up. I'd be delighted if you would spread the word using our Promotional Pack for Bike Month to friends, family and colleagues asking them to sign up and log their rides - no matter how short a ride using the Love To Ride Suffolk Platform. Our challenges appeal to regular, occasional and non-cyclists. If they already use Strava, they can easily link Strava to the Love To Ride platform and transfer the data.

Our next exciting challenge - 'Bike Month' runs from the 1st to the 31st June. Here's a bit more about Bike Month, which starts in just 16 days!

WHAT IS BIKE MONTH?

Bike Month takes place throughout June and is a celebration of biking. It’s a chance to ride your bike and encourage and support your friends, family, community and colleagues to get out and ride too. By logging your rides on the Love to Ride website, you get all the benefits that cycling can bring, soak up some of that summer sun and go into the draw for prizes!

HOW DOES IT WORK?

Register for Bike Month and start receiving our campaign emails. They’ll be full of tips to help you ride further or more often and dates for your diary!

WHY TAKE PART?

It's:

  • Fun

  • Easy

  • A great way to stay connected with colleagues

  • You could win some great PRIZES! (including a Cannondale bike for the top encourager!)

HOW TO TAKE PART

Follow these 4 steps:

  1. Use our Promotional Pack for Bike Month to spread the word, which has everything you need to promote it.

  2. Register on the website, it's simple and easy.

  3. Ride a bike anywhere, anytime for at least 10 minutes during Bike Month (June 1-30)

  4. Record your ride on this site and tell your friends and family about Bike Month.

It’s that simple. You’ll automatically get entered into the prize draws when you log your rides. Want to make sure you can win prizes? Take a moment to double-check your email permissions - if you don't have the prizes box ticked, we can’t contact you if you win. Don't worry, you can double-check them now.

Any questions? Please email me at ga...@lovetoride.org.

Happy pedalling!

Gayle"

Gayle Amorowson

Local Project Manager

Love to Ride Suffolk

Phone: 0333 3031163

Skype: ga...@lovetoride.org

Email: ga...@lovetoride.org

Web: lovetoride.org

Twitter: @LovetoRide_

Facebook: facebook.com/lovetoride.net

Please note: I work part-time and my working days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Please keep this in mind when awaiting a response. Thank you.

On Fri, 14 May 2021 at 12:29, Leo Borwick <leobo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Ok, thanks!

Leo

On Fri, 14 May 2021, 12:27 Gayle Amorowson, <ga...@lovetoride.org> wrote:
HI Leo,

Apologies, I haven't forgotten you, just had a very busy week! I only work 3 days, but I'll send something over to you this weekend as Bike Month is coming up soon!

Thanks for your patience

Gayle

Gayle Amorowson

Local Project Manager

Love to Ride Suffolk

Phone: 0333 3031163

Skype: ga...@lovetoride.org

Email: ga...@lovetoride.org

Web: lovetoride.org

Twitter: @LovetoRide_

Facebook: facebook.com/lovetoride.net

Please note: I work part-time and my working days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Please keep this in mind when awaiting a response. Thank you.

On Thu, 13 May 2021 at 13:53, Leo Borwick <leobo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Gayle,

I have agreed with my colleagues at Citizen's advice that they will include something in the weekly briefing informing people about Love to Ride and inviting them to sign up.  Do you have a paragraph or two I can use?

Thanks,

Leo

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021, 16:07 Gayle Amorowson, <ga...@lovetoride.org> wrote:
Hello Leo,

Thank you very much for getting in touch and it's great to read about the Charter! I was actually due to start working for Living Streets at the beginning of this year but unfortunately due to lockdown 3 and the nature of the post (working with schools), the role didn't start!

I wonder if we might be able to help each other by signposting to each other's campaigns/websites?  We are able to add announcements and feature ads on the Love To Ride platform, so perhaps we could put Cycle Ipswich on there? Might you be able to share the Love To Ride platform and challenges and encourage businesses to sign up?

Bast Wishes

Gayle

Gayle Amorowson

Local Project Manager

Love to Ride Suffolk

Phone: 0333 3031163

Skype: ga...@lovetoride.org

Email: ga...@lovetoride.org

Web: lovetoride.org

Twitter: @LovetoRide_

Facebook: facebook.com/lovetoride.net

Please note: I work part-time and my working days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Please keep this in mind when awaiting a response. Thank you.

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 at 11:34, Leo Borwick <leobo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Gayle,

Thanks for getting in touch. It's great news that you will be driving this forward.

I am sure you will have been glued to Radio Suffolk this morning. If so you will have heard me gabbling on about the Ipswich Cycling and Walking Charter.  It's a new initiative that we at Cycle Ipswich have got together with Living Streets to launch.  I think it fits well with what you are doing, in that it gives local organisations - businesses, schools etc. - as well as individuals an opportunity to express their interest in and commitment to active travel.  SCC have already signed up, along with Ipswich Borough and a number of others.  I am attaching the press release to this email in case you would like to read it.

All the best,

Leo Borwick

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021, 10:31 Gayle Amorowson, <ga...@lovetoride.org> wrote:
Hello Suffolk Workplace Champions!

I'm thrilled to be able to introduce myself as the new Local Project Manager for Love To Ride Suffolk in partnership with Suffolk County Council.

With increasing daylight hours, the warmer, sunny days are upon us and as we emerge from lockdown this is the perfect time of year to get some fresh air and sunshine, burn off some lockdown calories and get cycling again!

As a county we already have 2000 participants and 270 workplaces signed up and it's a great way to stay connected with colleagues. I'd like to encourage you to nudge your colleagues to sign up now and log their rides no matter how short.

The rides can be any bike ride - not just a work commute (particularly if you are still working from home) so why not try a fun 'fake commute' or a lunch time ride?

Our next big event is Bike Month in June (for which you will receive a promo pack shortly) The campaign will have challenges and leaderboards for individuals, eg. 'most rides', 'most trips', 'top encouragers', 'top female', 'top male' and there will be national prizes and in just 4 months time 'Cycle September' our biggest workplace challenge will be running again too!

If you have any questions about the campaigns, or the Love To Ride platform, or would just like to say hello, please get in touch and I look forward to hearing from you!

Best Wishes