Two new consultations

Leo Borwick

Jul 14, 2021, 7:15:03 AM7/14/21
to cycle-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Callum at Suffolk County Council asked me to let you know about the following.

Thanks,

Leo

I thought I’d draw your attention to a couple of consultations SCC are running at the moment and wondered whether you could circulate among Cycle Ipswich members?

The first is separate to the Active Travel Fund but aims to improve walking and cycling provision at the Defoe Road / Henley Road junction. It is expected that footfall in the area will increase due to the significant developments coming forward to the east of Henley Road and we want to provide a safe route for pedestrians and off-road provision for less experienced cyclists – particularly important given the proximity to the two schools. The consultation is available here.

Secondly, as part of the Active Travel Fund we are consulting on different options for permanent changes to Upper Brook Street. We want create a safer, low or no traffic environment for pedestrians and cyclists in the heart of the town which will support local businesses, the environment and encourage more people to get their recommended levels of physical activity. The consultation for this one is available here.

sgha...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2021, 10:13:33 AM7/15/21
to Cycle Ipswich

I have looked at the Upper Brook Street ones, they all look very similar and I can't spot the differences, can anyone help?  Is there one that looks better for cyclists than the others?
Sue