Free listserv like Google Groups

Lisa Young

Aug 25, 2021, 11:06:05 PM8/25/21
to cyber...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gang! I hope this email finds you well during these challenging times.

I look forward to the day we can all geek out over happy hour :-)

I was wondering if anyone knows of a listserv tool like google groups that is free and does not require a gmail account? We want all members to be able to post...

Thank you for brainstorming with me!

Devon C Adams

Aug 25, 2021, 11:31:44 PM8/25/21
to CybersalonAZ
Hi, friend! Love seeing your SCC emails all the time. :)
It really depends on what you want to do with the list & also I'm curious the aversion to gmail.
I've not spent much time working in this simply because I don't have the need, but I had researched a few things for my print publications course.
This is one of the lists I was researching. https://threads.cloud/google-groups-alternative/
I also really like the BAND app for social communication. I use that daily. Again, this goes back to a more detailed need of yours, so please let us know!
Devon

***************************************
Devon Christopher Adams
Maricopa County Community College District
Higley Unified School District

“Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don’t be sorry.” - Jack Kerouac

Michelle Blomberg

Aug 25, 2021, 11:56:54 PM8/25/21
to cyber...@googlegroups.com
I was hoping your post was inviting us all to Sian’s blast off watch party…

On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 8:06 PM Lisa Young <lcby...@gmail.com> wrote:

eSig Logo
MICHELLE BLOMBERG
GLENDALE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Faculty/Director - Digital Media Arts and Animation
Art and Humanities eCourses Lead
6000 W. Olive Ave. Glendale, AZ 85302

A Maricopa Community College

Devon Christopher Adams

Aug 26, 2021, 1:27:07 AM8/26/21
to cyber...@googlegroups.com
Haha yup

******************
Devon Christopher Adams

Aug 26, 2021, 1:28:06 AM8/26/21
to cyber...@googlegroups.com
I am on a few lists that use https://groups.io/

The interface seems clean and the emails to the list are uncomplicated.  I set up a list once on it and there was a way to upgrade to "pro" for a month to do some of the bulk imports, etc - and then downgrade to freebie mode.

But back to your initial premise:

I was wondering if anyone knows of a listserv tool like google groups that is free and does not require a gmail account? We want all members to be able to post...

I don't think that is the case. I looked at a Google Group in which I am the owner and I see non-gmail addresses. I realize one can use any account to create a "Google" account, but I don't recall list members having to do this.  It was about 10 years ago that I set this up - so I don't know if rules have changed.   It may be worth checking...

image.png

Michelle wrote:
I was hoping your post was inviting us all to Sian’s blast off watch party…

Oh 100% on a Sian watch party on Sept 15th!! We could even do it as a virtual thing.

So I searched to find the launch date and actually swore when I saw the results.  Of all of Sian's amazing accomplishments - this is the one Google decides to highlight?  Seriously...

image.png

Do they think she's a Kardashian?

Cheers

Ruvi