Take Care of my Buddy Ken Bauer Coming to Phoenix for Open Ed

1 view

Alan Levine

Oct 3, 2019, 3:34:43 PM10/3/19
to cybersalon, Ken Bauer
Hallo Cybersalon peeps, I miss you since moving north of the border to Canada, good to see the list still alive.

A very good friend and colleague, Ken Bauer, is coming to town for the Open Education Conference. Ken, himself Canadian born, has been living and teaching computer science for 25 years in Guadalajara, Mexico at Tec de Monterrey. He's been very active in open education, flipped learning, etc (kenb...@gmail.com and @ken_bauer on twitter), and is a gracious human.

Since Ken has hosted me and shown me some of the best sites and local food in Guadalajara I am hoping someone here can help him find the same in Glendale (it looks like most of the things around the conference are are chains).

If anyone can make Ken feel at home there it's greatly appreciated.

Mucho gusto!

Alan

Alan Levine
info: cog.dog  • blog: cogdogblog.com  • tweets: @cogdog
photos: flickr & Barking Dog • code: github.com/cogdog

Cate McNamara

Oct 3, 2019, 3:39:40 PM10/3/19
to cyber...@googlegroups.com
When will he be here ?

Sent from my iPhone

Lisa Young

Oct 5, 2019, 7:08:56 PM10/5/19
to cyber...@googlegroups.com, Ken Bauer
Hi Ken,
I look forward to meeting you. I will be staying in Glendale for the week - I look forward to hanging out!

Alisa Cooper

Oct 7, 2019, 12:50:56 AM10/7/19
to Cyber Salon, Ken Bauer
OpenEd is October 30-Nov. 1st and will be taking place on the West - siiide (imagine that being said in a gangster way) - Westgate near Cardinals Stadium.
I'm sure we'll be grabbing some beers and grub during that time. We'll be sure to send you an invite.
Alisa