Canvas Con in AZ - Feb 13th, 2024

Ruvi W

Aug 8, 2023, 4:05:56 AM8/8/23
to cyber...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

Hope this finds you all keeping well.  I met up with Roger Yohe last week and we were reminiscing about the CyberSalon meetups.

But the reason for me reaching out is that Mesa Unified and ASU and anyone else interested, are planning on hosting a CanvasCon (regional conference) at SkySong in February.  Who should I reach out to at Maricopa - to see if y'all would like to join in the planning etc.

We are confirming the location and Instructure is in.

Cheers

Ruvi

--
_________
Ruvi W  )'(

Alisa Cooper

Aug 9, 2023, 12:28:00 PM8/9/23
to cyber...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ruvi,
Sweet! Sounds like fun. You might want to reach out to Stephen Crawford, Director of MCLI. You might already know him, as he used to work at ASU before Maricopa.
Maricopa Community College District Office logo
Steven R. Crawford, Ed.D.
MARICOPA COMMUNITY COLLEGES
District Director | Maricopa Center for Learning and Innovation
2411 West 14th Street, Tempe, AZ 85281

Ruvi W

Aug 9, 2023, 12:39:00 PM8/9/23
to cyber...@googlegroups.com
Oh - of course - thanks Alisa!

And as soon as I know about a call for presentations, I'll let this group know.

Cheers

Ruvi

Devon Christopher Adams

Aug 9, 2023, 12:39:34 PM8/9/23
to cyber...@googlegroups.com
Is there a link to info about CanvasCon? Love to bring a team to check it out. Devon

************************
Devon Christopher Adams
Williams Field High School
Maricopa County Community College District

Aug 9, 2023, 1:29:35 PM8/9/23
to cyber...@googlegroups.com
Hi Devon - We're in the very early stages of planning - we have a date and Instructure's commitment to support the endeavor.

As I learn more, I'll let you all know.

I believe the last one we had was several years ago in Mesa, yes?  Did MCC host?  Or am I remembering a MCLI conf?  I vaguely recall a hotel somewhere near Alma School and the 60... but that was a long time ago.

Cheryl Colan

Dec 3, 2023, 7:02:14 PM12/3/23
to cyber...@googlegroups.com
How's this going, Ruvi? February is looming - I want to get this Canvas Con on my calendar if I can. And also meet up with as many of y'all as possible. Cheers to all my cybersalon pals!

Shelley Rodrigo

Dec 3, 2023, 7:55:02 PM12/3/23
to cyber...@googlegroups.com
Cheryl,
thanks for getting on our calendars!

--

Shelley Rodrigo (she/her/hers)

Senior Director, Writing Program

Professor, Program in Rhetoric, Composition, and the Teaching of English

President, National Council of Teachers of English

University of Arizona

Twitter: rrodrigo

Website: https://rrodrigo.sbs.arizona.edu/

“I will critically analyze, or 'deconstruct,' only that which I love and only that in which I'm deeply implicated."

--Donna Haraway

Devon C Adams

Dec 3, 2023, 11:33:46 PM12/3/23
to cyber...@googlegroups.com
Is there a link? Something I can toss at my boss to get off work?
Devon

--
***************************************
Devon Christopher Adams

Maricopa County Community College District
Higley Unified School District

“Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don’t be sorry.” - Jack Kerouac

Ruvi W

Dec 15, 2023, 12:21:54 PM12/15/23
to cyber...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

Sorry for the long delay in responding.  I was hoping to have the Conference registration site but there were some changes needed and it should be ready shortly.  Here are the details:

AZ Canvas Connect Conference
Date: February 13th, 2024 (all day)
Location: ASU SkySong complex (Scottsdale Road and McDowell Road, in S. Scottsdale)
Target Audience: Canvas CourseAdmins (meaning faculty support, trainers, etc. Not targeted at teachers)
Cost: Free

Most important: The Call for proposals ends on December 29th, so if you would like to present, please submit your proposal using this form:

Happy Holidays and stay healthy.

Cheers

Ruvi