Remember when PD was "Wifi and Beer"

Todd Conaway

Oct 12, 2022, 5:13:45 PM10/12/22
to Cyber Salon
I miss you. Washington state is so, so, north.

As I have done many times in the past I am going to use the CyberSalon as an example of a "community of practice" in a presentation I will be giving to some instructional designer types. Rather than only linking to some things we/I have done in the past, I figured I'd give you good people the change to voice your thoughts about "The Shape of Community."

I know, I stole that title from the Vonnegut video, "The Shape of Stories." He probably stole it from someone else.

If you are up for making a short video about what you find useful & important in the notion of  "community" as it relates to colleges or academic endeavors, please add it to this playlist.

I'll be asking the participants of this event to do the same as their homework prior to the event on December 2nd. It is a QM event and I am not even a member, but they accepted my fuzzy proposal anyway. I just started playing with the idea 20 minutes ago, but you can follow along here as I figure out what I am going to say about the shape of community...

Most importantly, I feel blessed to have bumped into all of you. And I miss you.

Todd

Michelle Blomberg

Oct 12, 2022, 6:53:38 PM10/12/22
to cyber...@googlegroups.com
I miss you Todd and my other Cyberpeeps that I haven’t seen since Shelley moved away…

eSig Logo
MICHELLE BLOMBERG
GLENDALE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Faculty, Digital Media Arts and Animation

A Maricopa Community College

Devon C Adams

Oct 12, 2022, 7:00:17 PM10/12/22
to cyber...@googlegroups.com
The group of which we're all connected back in the day was something entirely special. Some of you I speak to more frequently than others but I hold you all in highest regards, and consider you lifelong friends. I hope you are all well as the universe scatters us to the winds. Devon

--
***************************************
Devon Christopher Adams

“Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don’t be sorry.” - Jack Kerouac

Shelley Rodrigo

Oct 14, 2022, 4:36:47 PM10/14/22
to cyber...@googlegroups.com
this just tells me we need to try to schedule something...

--

Shelley Rodrigo (she/her/hers)

Senior Director, Writing Program

Associate Professor, Program in Rhetoric, Composition, and the Teaching of English

Vice President, National Council of Teachers of English

University of Arizona

Twitter: rrodrigo

Website: http://rrodrigo.faculty.digitalodu.com/

“I will critically analyze, or 'deconstruct,' only that which I love and only that in which I'm deeply implicated."

--Donna Haraway

Carol Smith

Oct 14, 2022, 5:01:03 PM10/14/22
to cyber...@googlegroups.com
Good to hear from you!  It has been a while, but I have always appreciated the community support and dialogue from this group!

Carol

South Mountain Community College logo

Dr. Carol Smith, PhD
Educational Administrator | VPL Office
GP/FOI Co-Chair
Residential Faculty, English
Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society (PTK) Advisor

South Mountain Community College
Maricopa Community Colleges
7050 S. 24th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85042
Office:  LA 313 / LRC 171-C  602-243-8255
(Due to the pandemic, I am not on campus every day.  Please contact me via email for the quickest response.)
Strengths "Top 5": Strategic, Ideation, Learner, Input, Maximizer

Ruvi W

Oct 14, 2022, 5:06:33 PM10/14/22
to cyber...@googlegroups.com
Hey all! Great to hear from you.  I hope everyone is keeping well.

And while we were silent, this happened:

:)

Ruvi

--
_________
Ruvi W  )'(

Michelle Blomberg

Oct 14, 2022, 5:47:01 PM10/14/22
to cyber...@googlegroups.com
OMG congrats Sian!! Love this!! Fame in our midst.

Shelley Rodrigo

Alan Levine

Oct 17, 2022, 4:29:36 PM10/17/22
to cyber...@googlegroups.com
You call Washington "north", Todd? Expect a phone call!

I miss y'all and Arizona too. I hope all the good things are surrounding you, CyberSalon was a unique form of connecting I've not quite seen anything like.

Stay warm and let's give Todd some responses ;-) And hey Ruvi hi, and thanks for that news on Sian at ASU, fantastic stuff. We were fortunate to have her keynote a OEGlobal Conference in May.

Alan

Alan Levine
work: OEGlobal • email: al...@oeglobal.org
info: cog.dog  • blog: cogdogblog.com  • folio: cogdog.info
photos: flickr  • code: github.com/cogdog • tweets: @cogdog

Alisa Cooper

Oct 17, 2022, 6:44:18 PM10/17/22
to cyber...@googlegroups.com
Hey All,
It has been a minute, and yes we were once a thriving community. Thanks for the reminder. We were ahead of our time. Remember we were doing virtual meetups before it became the norm. I remember piping Alan in from some remote parts of the world a few times. Some things haven't changed.  So are you the dancing shirtless man? If so, I will be your first follower. Following you has proven fruitful in the past, so I'm game. And maybe we can gather a few of us soon to take over the back room of a bar and toast all our successes. That would be fun.
Coop

Todd Conaway

Oct 18, 2022, 10:57:25 AM10/18/22
to cyber...@googlegroups.com
We are here. Still thriving as a community after all the years. Just changed and growing. I think.

I had to use a video to start the playlist so that was the one I picked 😊 I have always liked the narration and the idea. I just added a video walking home this evening.

I am going to send out an invite for a 3 pm or so meeting on some night of the week for November sometime. Soon.

Always inspired by the people here!

Todd

--

Todd Conaway
Instructional Designer

University of Washington | Bothell

thewholeclassroom.com
@todd_conaway

“The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.”

      Alvin Toffler

Alisa Cooper

Oct 19, 2022, 9:31:15 PM10/19/22
to cyber...@googlegroups.com
Hey, Todd. I can't figure out how to add my video to your playlist. Here's the link: https://youtu.be/JZ6FMtmMcrs
Who's next?

On Wed, Oct 12, 2022 at 2:13 PM Todd Conaway <toddc...@gmail.com> wrote:

Todd Conaway

Oct 19, 2022, 9:40:07 PM10/19/22
to cyber...@googlegroups.com
So when you go here,

You don’t see the “Continue” in blue like attached image?

Thank you Alisa!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Cyber Salon" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cybersalon/CAL9LmsEn52_N44HKCbgnu_Gb%3DEYrE_HW3UbWbTY3sjMbGGKVjA%40mail.gmail.com.

Todd Conaway

Oct 19, 2022, 9:51:01 PM10/19/22
to cyber...@googlegroups.com
Thatcher, I added your trusting cantaloupe community video as well! Thank you! And thank you for always being you.

Todd

On Wed, Oct 19, 2022 at 6:31 PM Alisa Cooper <dr....@gmail.com> wrote:
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Cyber Salon" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cybersalon/CAL9LmsEn52_N44HKCbgnu_Gb%3DEYrE_HW3UbWbTY3sjMbGGKVjA%40mail.gmail.com.

Alisa Cooper

Oct 24, 2022, 7:58:27 PM10/24/22
to cyber...@googlegroups.com
No, I didn't see that or any other indication that I could add to your playlist, but I see that you added it for me. Cool.
Alisa

Cheryl Colan

Nov 2, 2022, 1:09:38 PM11/2/22
to cyber...@googlegroups.com
I'm so late to this "Hello" party. My life is a hot crazy mess at the moment. BUT I miss all of you. ALL. Like Devon I consider everybody here pretty much a lifelong friend and co-learner. So I hope we schedule something, and I hope it's at I time that I have a little more bandwidth. But this brief connection as we approach the holidays has been awesome. I need to go watch Thatcher's cantaloupe video sometime soon. Sorry I can't make one right now. My timing is just so off. Good vibes to you all.

Cheryl

On Wed, Oct 12, 2022 at 2:13 PM Todd Conaway <toddc...@gmail.com> wrote:

Carol Smith

Nov 5, 2022, 10:18:49 AM11/5/22
to cyber...@googlegroups.com
I would echo Cheryl’s sentiments. I have not always been as a involved as some of you have, but I have always enjoyed connecting with this group—- and learning from all of you as well!

I hope we get to meet up again soon!

Todd Conaway

Nov 21, 2022, 6:29:28 PM11/21/22
to cyber...@googlegroups.com
Hello again all you wonderful people!

It is Last Call :)

If you wish to share some thoughts about the community of CyberSalon in video, you can add a video to your YouTube channel and then click the following link. Then click "continue" and add it to the Shape of Community Playlist you will see with any others you have. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYHspLSg4ozzJrOm0x3olExH0CGRq1BQa&jct=TF5YfLBTdGGmyktC2eOEn6gSC1nbQg

Wishing everyone a happy day! And thanks for all the learning!

Todd