Job opportunities at ASU around the LMS migration

Ruvi W

May 7, 2018, 8:21:34 PM5/7/18
to cyber...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

RECAP: ASU recently announced that we are moving from Blackboard to Canvas.  Yes, I will entertain all levels of heckling when we next meet about how we are finally joining you trailblazers!

We have (an ambitious) 1 year migration and Bb will be unavailable for live courses after June 30th, 2019 - mostly because our size is such that licensing two LMS for longer would be cost-prohibitive.  So we aren't ripping the band-aid off overnight (like with the PS migration), rather we are soaking it in water and peeling it off rapidly.

To help with this transition we are adding a LMS Migration team.  The funding for these 6 positions has been secured for 2 years as part of the LMS migration.  During this time we will be working to find permanent budget for these folk to stay on with ASU, ideally in localized centers for teaching and learning on each campus.  Here's the schpiel on the jobs:

The University Technology Office is hiring for multiple positions to assist with ASU’s transition from Blackboard to Canvas.    These are full-time staff position on the Tempe Campus but will require occasional travel to all ASU campuses.  If you, or someone you know, is interested in any of these position please use the link(s) below to access the job listing:

LMS Instructional Design Manager -
https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494#jobDetails=3483116_5494

Instructional Designer Associate (4 positions) -
https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494#jobDetails=3484127_5494

Multimedia Developer -
https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494#jobDetails=3484109_5494

Cheers