Two more events!

Rebecca Nesson

Dec 11, 2006, 4:37:26 PM12/11/06
to cybe...@groups.google.com
Hello all,

I'd like to invite you to two more events happening soon at Berkman Island.  First, we'll have a discussion for at-large participants on Thursday, Dec. 14th at 8pm EST (5pm SLT) to talk about the at-large participant experience in CyberOne.  The discussion will be led by at-large participant Geoff McGovern, GeoffMcG Xi in SL.

In a similar vein, John Orlando is organizing a "brown bag discussion" on the use of virtual worlds in education on December 20th at 1pm EST, 10pm SLT.  Please see the announcement below.

Best,
Rebecca

Hello:

Like many of you, I'm enrolled in Cyber One to gather ideas about how we can use SL or other virtual worlds to augment our educational offerings at my university.  I've created a five minute podcast describing some of our ideas.  I would like to hear what others are thinking about as well.  As both a test of the virtual discussion system, and information sharing session, I'm inviting the At Large participants to join me at the Office Hours area on Berkman Island from 1-2 pm., EST (that's 10-11 am. SLT), on Wednesday, December 20 for a brown bag discussion.  It will run much like the podcasts/discussions we've been doing in Cyber One.  We'll begin with the podcast and then discuss our ideas.  I'd like to invite others to contribute podcasts as well.

Please send me any podcasts you'd like to have included.

Thank you,

John Orlando, Instructional Resource Manager

Norwich University

jorl...@norwich.edu