Josh Wolf Trial Date Set. Be A Juror! April 22nd, 1-3pm PDT

Rebecca Nesson

Apr 13, 2007, 11:19:14 AM4/13/07
to cybe...@groups.google.com
Hello all,

I'm pleased to announce that we've set a date for the Josh Wolf trial in Second Life.  Josh Wolf is a blogger who was recently released from prison after serving the longest amount of time that a journalist has ever served under a contempt of court ruling.  He was held in contempt for refusing to turn over a video tape of a WTO protest to the federal government.  Two groups of Harvard Law students have worked to prepare each side of the case and will be presenting their case before Judge Eon Berkman in Second Life on April 22nd from 1-3pm PDT (4-6pm east coast time).

We need a volunteer jury for the case and would like to invite you to participate.  As a juror you will hear the arguments on both sides of the case and then be asked to deliberate and return a verdict in the trial.  The commitment is for the afternoon of April 22nd from 1-3pm only.  We will accept jurors on a first-come first-served basis.  If you would like to be a volunteer, please email me at rebecc...@gmail.com and include your avatar name.

The trial will be open to the public for viewing in our courtroom gallery.  Those in the gallery will have the opportunity to discuss the case with the lawyers and judge while the jury deliberates.

This will be our first event in the new courtroom on the north side of Berkman Island.

Please join us!
Best,
Rebecca (Nesson/Berkman)