Internet and Society Class for Tuesday, Feb 13

Geoff McGovern

Feb 10, 2007, 10:41:24 AM2/10/07
to cybe...@groups.google.com
Hi everyone,

This week's topic for our Internet and Society class (Tuesday from
7:35-9:35 EST on Berkman Island in Second Life) will be Peer
Production and Collaboration. Hey, that sounds like what we are in
the middle of! This class is right up our alley and picks up on many
of the themes we have been discussing during office hours.

The wiki page for the week can be found here:

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/ptc/The_Cultural_Commons_I:_Peer_Production_and_Collaboration

One augmentation to the wiki page, passed along from Rob Faris, is
Chapter 5 from Jonathan Zittrain's forthcoming book (attached to this
message as a .pdf). Since the book is forthcoming Rob has asked us to
please, please refrain from distributing this material further.

Also, feel free to check out the expanding list of ongoing Wikipedia
projects being
posted:

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/ptc/Assignment_1_Details_and_Reporting

Students have been updating and editing Wikipedia pages as a class
assignment. You all should feel encouraged to do so as well. Try
your hand at it and share your experience with us on Tuesday.

As always, we will be meeting on Thursday in SL from 9-10EST for
office hours. Transcripts from the past discussions can be found
here:

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/ptc/Main_Page

I hope you can join us.

Best,