This week in Internet and Society

1 view

Geoff McGovern

Feb 18, 2007, 1:19:31 PM2/18/07
to cybe...@groups.google.com
Hi all,

This week in our Internet and Society class we will turn our attention
to business and Entrepreneurship on the Internet. In case you forgot
or are just joining us, we are meeting from 7:35-9:35 EST on Berkman
Island in Second Life. Here's the teaser from Rob and Colin:

"The rise of the networked economy is changing economic possibilities
around the world. From the call centers in India to eBay and the new
Internet entrepreneurs, there are many signs that suggest a flatter
world fueled by innovative production and marketing strategies. In
this session, we will explore the promise and reality of the changing
economic tides associated with rising Internet use including those
marketing to the long tail and the new oligopolists."

The reading and video materials for the week are available on the
week's wiki page, here:

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/ptc/Internet_Economics_I:_New_Business_Models_/_Entrepreneurship

Also, office hours will be 9:00-10:00 EST on Thursday, as usual.

Hope to see you there!

GeoffMcG Xi

Geoff McGovern

Feb 26, 2007, 12:05:35 PM2/26/07
to cybe...@groups.google.com
Hi all,

For this week's installment of our CyberTwo class we are turning our
focus to government attempts to regulate technology itself, rather
than content. The class materials for the week are an article about
Telecom Law, and a very short documentary about Net Neutrality. Both
of which may be found here:

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/ptc/Control_and_Code_I:_Regulation_OF_Technology

Class meets on Tuesday from 7:35-9:35 EST on Berkman Island in Second
Life. Office Hours are Thursdays from 9:00-10:00 EST.

Hope to see you all soon,

GeoffMcG Xi