A course on using SL to extend / enhance real-world neighborhoods

Harvard CyberOne

Sep 6, 2007, 8:56:49 PM9/6/07
to cybe...@googlegroups.com

Hi CyberOne fans,

There are no dearth of offspring for CyberOne! If you live in Greater Boston, care deeply about your local neighborhood and its public spaces, and are wondering how Second Life can be a tool for organizing around real-space issues, then I invite you to register for the Hub2 course.

The class is officially offered through Emerson College in partnership with the City of Boston and the Boston Redevelopment Authority. Professor Eric Gordon of Emerson will be teaching the college/grad version of this course (Tue/Thu afternoon, open to Emerson students and maybe cross-registration); I will be teaching the community version (Tue evenings, 6-9pm). The partnership enables us to offer the class free of charge to Boston residents who are serious about community change.

For more information about this class, and to download registration forms, please see:

http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/vvvv/2007/08/29/hub2-final-details/

The deadline is Monday, Sep 10, though if you are serious about the course please contact me if you need an extension. Feel free to contact me with any other questions you may have.

Best regards,

Gene