This Week in Internet & Society

Geoff McGovern

Mar 12, 2007, 1:04:51 PM3/12/07
to cybe...@groups.google.com
Hi all,

This week's Internet & Society class will introduce a discussion of
Digital Inequalities. The teaser:

"Despite rapid growth and extended efforts on the part of
international organizations, development agencies, and private
investors to reach a broader audience, the vast majority of the world
does not have effective Internet access. Alternatively, mobile
telephones continue to proliferate, and already boast twice the users.
Have we made any progress, is the future mobile, and what has come of
the World Summit on the Information Society?"

Class materials can be found here:

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/ptc/Technology_and_Development_I:_Digital_Inequalities

Please join us on Tuesday night, 7:35-9:35 EST on Berkman Island In
Second Life. Office Hours are Thursday, 9-10 EST.

In addition, let me encourage you to take advantage of the Audio or
Visual Production Assignment. Details can be found here:

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/ptc/Individual_Assignments#Assignment_3:_Audio_or_Video_Production

If we get a good at-large involvement, we can have a listening/viewing
party in SL. Previous classes have found this assignment particularly
helpful. So why not try your hand at it?

See you tomorrow,

GeoffMcG Xi