First Evidence At-Large Meeting Tonight (and more...)

Rebecca Nesson

Jan 8, 2007, 1:38:30 PM1/8/07
to cybe...@groups.google.com, Charles Nesson, Dean Jansen
Hello all!

We'll be having our first meeting of Evidence At-Large this evening on Berkman Island. Although we've gotten off to a bit of a slow start with the videos for the class, several are posted now.  And we're starting to get quite a bit of interest from people who would like to be jurors or otherwise participate in the mock trial.  Below is some information on where/how to officially sign up.  Finally, we were just written up in the New York Times yesterday!  Details on all of these things follow.

Best,
Rebecca

First At-Large Meeting
  • Berkman Island, main amphitheater area, TONIGHT 8:00pm EST (5:00pm SLT)
  • Professor Charles Nesson (Eon Berkman) and I (Rebecca Berkman) will lead discussion on the topics from the first week of Evidence.  The main issue we will address is how the American judicial system produces "truths" or outcomes that we as a society can accept as fair and just.
Videos
Juror Sign-Up
  • Please add your avatar name to the list of potential jurors on the course website if you're interested in participating.
  • Even if you have already sent an email to me about your interest, it would be great if you could add your name to the list.
  • If you are interested/willing to participate in a different capacity (perhaps role-playing a witness, for example) please also sign up on the list.
  • The place to sign up is here: http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/cyberone/wiki/Evidence-At-Large#Jurors_--_Sign_Up_Here
New York Times Article