This Week in Internet & Society

Geoff McGovern

Apr 9, 2007, 8:35:10 PM4/9/07
to cybe...@groups.google.com
Hello All,

For tomorrow's Internet & Society class we will be revisiting the
topic of Internet economics and collective decision making. Here's
the teaser:

Mass collaboration and the aggregation of information enable
potentially profound changes in business and politics. In this class,
we will compare and contrast the transformations in economic life and
collective decision-making processes brought on the information
revolution. The discussions will also explore the role of open
information systems on business and the scope for greater transparency
and participation in government, politics and public life.

Class is held from 7:35-9:35 EST on Berkman Island in Second Life.
All are more than welcome to attend and discuss the class materials.
Here is the wiki page for the day with the class materials:

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/ptc/Internet_Economics_and_Politics_II:_Collaborative_Business_Models_and_Collective_Decision-making

We will also resume office hours this Thursday from 9-10 EST. Bruce
will be filling in for me this week at office hours as I will be at a
conference in Chicago (though I will see you tomorrow night). I look
forward to reading the transcripts and getting caught up on your
project ideas.

Best,

GeoffMcG Xi