cyberjournal needs some tech help – paid work

1 view

Richard Moore

Nov 21, 2016, 1:57:12 AM11/21/16
to cyberj...@googlegroups.com
Bcc: FYI
rkm websitescyberjournal.org    escapingthematrix.org

Greetings,

Thanks for your many responses to the previous posting, ‘thoughts on the election’. I’ll be posting those soon, but first a bit of business...

Cyberjournal has always gone out as a raw email list. Twenty years ago that was state of the art, but now it’s a clunking dinosaur, compared to modern Wordpress blogs. I’d like to move cyberjournal over to such a blog, populate it with the contents of the cyberjournal archives, and arm it with a search function.

This doesn’t mean we’ll lose the convenience of email distribution of posts. But they’ll be better formatted and the subscribe/unsubscribe functions will be more convenient.

The project calls for Wordpress and Email expertise, design sense, and coding skills to convert between file formats. I’m looking for someone with the right qualifications, and with time available, who might be interested in pursuing this project on a contract basis. Not that I’d object to a motivated and qualified volunteer :)  Are you such a person? Do you know anyone who might be a fit? Let me know.

rkm