Vintage cj: Can an email list have a star sign?

Richard Moore

Mar 22, 2017, 5:10:29 PM3/22/17
to cyberj...@googlegroups.com

Vintage cj: Can an email list have a star sign?

I’m not saying I believe in astrology, but I found this fascinating, from a 1999 posting…

From: Vadim Bondar
Subject: Re: a posting from the past…
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 01:45:44 EST

Hi Richard,

It was lovely that you posted the first cj message. And since it had a date [22 Jan 1995], I’ve got an astrological chart for cj. Just for fun. Here are the excerpts:

“You are open-minded and democratic, enthusiastic, and have a definite sense of mission. Above all, you are a progressive and enjoy putting into practice that which is good for all. Your altruism could appear as coolness. At home with different cultures, peoples, and lands, you love to work with (and in) groups.

“You are unconventional, independent, and drawn to whatever is different and original in life. You hate being tied down with the drudgery of routine, preferring instead to keep your options open. You may find yourself involved in causes that go against tradition, revolutions of one kind or another — social or political. Your friends are probably also eccentric, in particular those in authority, older persons, and men who are nonconformist. Communication, computers, electronics, and everything new-wave is what you star in.

“You have high ideals and an ability to enchant others with your words and images. Your presence has a way of easing things, helping those around you let go of any differences and stand behind what unites us all.

“You love all things plain and true, and possessing an innate sense of religion and what’s real. Not prudish, even communal, you insist on freedom in all things.

“You like to work with words and ideas and have a natural appreciation for anything that is literary or artistic. Your sense of discernment when it comes to matters of literary and intellectual taste is very refined. You could write poetry or prose, and you put a very high value on the written word. You enjoy nothing more than a good conversation and may be very adept at speaking and communicating.

“You value fairness in all things and go out of your way to be just. In addition, you have an innate sense of how to work with and guide others in making decisions. You understand the choices and can spot the right ones.

“You are an impartial thinker, democratic to the point of being impersonal. Fascinated by the latest technology, you have very original ideas, an inventor. Always thinking of the world as a unity, you are idealistic and believe in putting into practice what is preached. You are group-conscious, community-oriented.

Good luck to you, Richard, and long live cj.
Vadim.