Cyberduck stops responding when moving files between webdav folders.

James Byrne

Jun 22, 2021, 8:55:35 AMJun 22
to Cyberduck

We have a number of licensed CD users.  One of them repeatedly has difficulties moving files between folders on a WebDAV resource.  The symptoms are that CD stops responding, a spinning circle often (always?) appears, and recovery is usually (always?) impossible.  The only solution that we have found is to use task manager to kill the process tree.

The environment is Windows7pro on a AD domain.  The user has a roaming profile. CD has been updated recently but may be a little behind.   In any case, the problem has been intermittently occurring for some time and updating CD has never cured it.

This user does a very high volume of file transfers and at one point we found that manually clearing their transfer history log temporarily alleviated the problem.

That is all the information that I can call to mind that may be of help.  But we would appreciate getting this problem addressed and some sort of fix or work-around provided.

Thanks.

John Navas

Jun 22, 2021, 10:07:00 AMJun 22
to Cyberduck
  1. Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft and has huge issues.
    I strongly recommend at least upgrading to Windows 8.1 if not Windows 10.
  2. CD should be upgraded to the latest version (currently 7.9.1).
  3. Any add-on anti-malware should be disabled to see if that makes a difference.
    (Free Windows anti-malware is sufficient in any event.)