Cyberduck and Amazon S3 Signature V4 (AWS4-HMAC-SHA256)

Roman Gelembjuk

Feb 3, 2017, 8:53:47 AM2/3/17
to Cyberduck
Hello ,
I am a developer of the web service working with ame API as amazon S3. Our clients used Cyberduck to connect to this service.
It worked fine, but now cyberduck started to use Authoriation signature version 4 for amazon S3.

I tried to implement support of v4 signature on my service. It works fine with any tool i tested except cyberduck.
I can not find why, what is checked wrong when i verify the signature.

Is there any cyberduck developer who knows how that signature is generated?
is is possible to turn some debug mode in cyberduck to see how it creates a canonical string and signs it?

Thanks

David Kocher

Feb 10, 2017, 3:27:35 AM2/10/17
to cybe...@googlegroups.com
Our AWS4 implementation is in https://bitbucket.org/dkocher/jets3t. As a workaround, you can use our AWS2 connection profile.

https://trac.cyberduck.io/wiki/help/en/howto/s3#AuthenticationwithsignatureversionAWS2

– David
> --
> --
> Post bug reports and feature requests
> http://trac.cyberduck.ch/newticket
> --
> Support development
> http://cyberduck.ch/donate/
>
> ---

Roman Gelembjuk

Feb 10, 2017, 3:34:28 AM2/10/17
to Cyberduck, dko...@cyberduck.io
Thank you ,
I already figured out my problems. Now all works fine