8.4.4 requires serviceusage.services.use permission on google cloud?

Dylan Buth

Sep 20, 2022, 11:43:52 AM9/20/22
to Cyberduck
Hey everyone. Hope this is the right place.

Two employees at my company use Cyberduck daily. One is on 7.7.2 and has no issues. The other is on 8.4.4 and started getting authentication errors when trying to connect to google cloud storage.

Listing directory / failed.
us...@domain.com(fake email obviously) does not have serviceusage.services.use access to the Google Cloud project.

His permissions haven't changed, and he has the same as the other employee using Cyberduck 7.7.2. I went to add the permission thinking maybe a new feature requires it or something, but when adding it, it shows the status of the permission is "Testing" with a warning, "Not recommended for production use". This is blocking the employee from doing his job so I added it and Cyberduck seems to be working fine for him.

image.png

Is this a bug with the most recent version? What would Cyberduck be doing that would require this permission? Has anyone else run into this with 8.4.4? I suppose it could be any version between 7.7.2 and 8.4.4. Not sure when he upgraded or what he upgraded from.

David Kocher

Sep 20, 2022, 1:38:54 PM9/20/22
to cybe...@googlegroups.com
We are tracking this issue in https://github.com/iterate-ch/cyberduck/issues/13745