Download quota is exceeded (Google Drive + Plex)

markettetuto25

Jul 20, 2021, 10:02:01 AM7/20/21
to Cyberduck

Hello,

I am in the process of migrating my entire media library to Google Drive. I am using Google Drive + Mountain Duck + Plex. However, I often get the message: Download quota is exceeded

Indeed, there also seems to be a download limit in addition to an upload limit.

This message results in not being able to download any file whatsoever via Mountain Duck or on Google Drive for 24 hours.

According to some forums this would come from a configuration to be done on Plex to prevent the library scan from causing this problem.

However I still have the same problem. I'm not sure but I'm wondering if, when analyzing the metadata, this counts as a full download of the file for google. I ask myself this question because when I go to Google logs I see that when I have done a scan of my library with Plex, Google counts this as "Download".

Has anyone ever had the problem?

If so, how to solve the problem, configuration to be done on Plex or Moutain Duck?

Regards,

Robert Brown

Aug 18, 2021, 8:06:45 AM8/18/21
to Cyberduck
Your Google Drive account comes with the following limits (which most users never hit):

Daily upload limit of 750 GB between your My Drive account and share drives.
No further uploads are allowed the day you hit the 750 GB limit.
Individual file uploads can’t be larger than 5 TB.

Also : The default quota limits for Drive API are 10,000 calls every 100 seconds, both per user and per project. This limit applies to the sum of read and write calls. ( Each time a file is accessed , usually plex causes this while building the library off of GDrive )
Message has been deleted

markettetuto25

Oct 8, 2021, 11:51:31 AM10/8/21
to Cyberduck

Hello,

I am having a problem with my configuration of my Plex server.
Here is my configuration:
Windows server, with Plex as server, Mountain Duck pointing to Google Drive.
My librairies will search the UNC path of my Google Drive folders.

On Mountain Duck I have enabled indexing and caching.
On Plex I have disabled all thumbnails, periodic maintenance etc… which can lead to BAN APIs.
When I scanned everything for the first time I was taking several BAN APIs (unable to download anything), which can be normal when on a large library.

After getting everything back in I had a quiet week without BAN API, and yesterday I had one.
The 24 hours ago I had to add 4 show, a scan and little use of reading.

However on Google Drive, I went to see the Google Drive audit and saw that there was a lot of line on a file.
This line was noted as “download”.
I have noticed that when I watch an episode in live play, I have 5 lines after the start of playback in the audit that appears.
On the other hand, when there is a transcode, this represents thousands of lines for a single file viewed and this throughout the viewing of the episode.

So I tried to understand where it could come from, but without really finding an explanation.
I did a 24 hour audit extraction and I am well below in terms of API request (if I understand that 1 API request = 1 line on the google audit).
So I may have thought of a download limit.
How does Plex behave when it transcodes?

Example :
I have a 5gb file that I want to watch transcoded.
Plex will request multiple packets of files from Google Drive, then continue to do so throughout the episode.
As Google does not allow us to see the download quota in real time, I was wondering if during a transcode, Plex asked for 5GB at the end for the whole file, or if at the end, the total download by Plex was greater than 5GB ? If this is the case is Google worth that only 5GB have been downloaded in fair use?

I really don’t see how I can explain this BAN concern.
In yesterday’s BAN, I specified that I was not BAN 24 hours, but BAN 5 hours approximately.

Regards