Does deleteing files inside cyptomator valut using cyberduck safe?

Vishal Singh

Aug 31, 2022, 7:35:33 AM8/31/22
to Cyberduck
I am using cyberduck to browser encrypted cryptomator vaults on pcloud and want to delete some files. I cant clone/sync the vault on my local because its too big.
So I want to confirm if it is safe to delete files using cyberduck inside the cryptomator vault on the cloud. If there are any gotchas I need to be aware of.

Thanks,

Duszek Smsaczek

Oct 17, 2022, 11:10:35 AM10/17/22
to Cyberduck
Yes, it's safe. It works just like real Cryptomator program, through finding a file and deleting only that file with leaving everything else intact.

I recommend you to make a backup of the vault before you do anything with it. External hard drives are cheap these days. The $50 it takes to buy it is worth the peace of mind that your files are safe.