Cyberduck appears to cause Finder to Hang

Antony Harris

Aug 5, 2021, 7:09:23 AMAug 5
to Cyberduck
I am using Cyberduck on a new MacbookAir M1. I use primarily to connect to my client web servers. However, I have to keep restating Finder as it seems that Cyberduck is causing Finder to hang.

The problem is that after having to restart Finder a number of times, the whole machine hangs and I have to do a forced reboot to recover.

I also notice that every time Cyberduck starts it is prompting me to allow the CyberDuck extension to Finder in System Preferences / Security and Privacy. When that opens Cyberduck is already ticked.

is this likely to be a problem only on the M1? Does anyone have similar issues.