Creating a server?

im WACC0

May 22, 2021, 9:36:56 AMMay 22
to Cyberduck

I need to share files with a friend. I have 1Gb/s and static IP. I know how to port forward.

What I can't seem to find is tutorials on how to set up a Cyberduck server. (Google is not my friend)

I need something a n00b can't mess up. I ass-u-me that he can just use a web browser to log-in?

And some sort of...encryption?...obfuscate?...non-sniffing?.... so that his ISP dose not know what type of file he's downloading.

John Navas

May 23, 2021, 6:50:02 PMMay 23
to Cyberduck
My advice:
  1. Encrypt files to be shared. I use and recommend PeaZip.
  2. Upload them to free cloud storage; e.g., Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive.
  3. Share them with your friend.
Hope that helps,
John

im WACC0

May 26, 2021, 5:56:49 AMMay 26
to Cyberduck
@John,  Thanks for answering. I need to share over 1gb, and one file is 1tb. So, in the long run, that's not going to help much.

im WACC0

May 26, 2021, 7:43:48 AMMay 26
to Cyberduck
<sp/share over 1gb/share files that are over 1gb>

John Navas

May 26, 2021, 8:55:40 AMMay 26
to Cyberduck
FWIW, I routinely share files much larger than 1 GB through the cloud.
I find it faster, safer, and more convenient than using my own server.

Sofie Vogt

May 28, 2021, 2:43:51 AMMay 28
to Cyberduck
Cyberduck is a client application that you can use to manage your files on cloud storage and server.
To set up a server, please reach out to a web hosting provider. You can connect existing server and cloud storage to Cyberduck by creating a new bookmark.

– Sofie