Problem setting owner rights with S3 (non-amazon) storage

Jan Bijster

Dec 15, 2021, 10:25:56 AM12/15/21
to Cyberduck
Hi,

first of all, great program!

I'm using Cyberduck on a mac (macos 11, intel chip) to connect to an S3-compatible storage service. It works great, except for the following: I can't properly set the owner rights on buckets, files or folders.

I can set the rights for Everyone and for All authorized aws users, but when I change them for the current owner the rights don't work anymore. And if I delete these rights there is no way to define the owner, since I have no amazon client email or canonical id. Furthermore, even if I leave the owner rights as they are and add rights for everyone (e.g. read) the rights for the owner somehow don't work anymore and I get an accessdenied error when I try to upload a file (either through cyberduck or through the api).

It seems that for this non-amazon service, cyberduck has a problem identifying the owner.

For comparison, in the windows application "S3 Browser" there are two types of storages: Amazon S3 storage and S3 Compatible storage. In that program when I select the "compatible" type I can correctly set the owner rights. But I'd rather do it with cyberduck on my mac than dust off my old pc ;)

Cheers,
Jan

David Kocher

Apr 1, 2022, 9:13:24 AM4/1/22