Upgrading duck.sh in Homebrew doesn't work for latest version on M1

Marius

Oct 14, 2021, 5:34:02 AM10/14/21
to Cyberduck
Hi there,

I'm using the duck command line to manage my personal home page. I installed it using brew on my M1 Mac which worked fined. Upgrading doesn't work however, apparently a new dependency was introduced that doesn't support ARM.

Message:

==> Upgrading 1 outdated package:
duck 7.9.3.35019 -> 7.10.2.35432
duck: The x86_64 architecture is required for this software.
Error: duck: An unsatisfied requirement failed this build.

Thanks,
- Marius

Lasher

Oct 15, 2021, 7:34:26 PM10/15/21
to Cyberduck
Not at all the same error. but.. just for maybe's .... you might want to try to run "brew upgrade" again today. There was another PR by brew.

See thread:

Marius

Oct 23, 2021, 5:11:31 AM10/23/21
to cybe...@googlegroups.com
No, the error still persists.

Post bug reports and feature requests
http://trac.cyberduck.ch/newticket
--
Support development
http://cyberduck.ch/donate/

---

David Kocher

Nov 15, 2021, 6:07:09 AM11/15/21
to Cyberduck
Please open an issue with Homebrew if the issue is not resolved with version 8.0.0.36226.

— David
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Cyberduck" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cyberduck/B4BDE6E7-5042-46D3-B191-4BC5B6801925%40gmail.com.

Marius

Dec 17, 2021, 2:25:11 AM12/17/21
to cybe...@googlegroups.com
Trying to upgrade to 8.1.1.36550 resulted in "Error: duck: no bottle available!".

`brew install --build-from-source duck` did work however and I am now running 8.1.1.

One last note, duck doesn't seem to recognize my App Store version of Cyberduck as it prints "Not registered. Purchase a donation key to support the development of this software".

> On 15. Nov 2021, at 12:29, Marius <mps...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The formula itself [1] says it depends on x86_64 architecture. So that that probably wasn't true for 7.x versions. Is there any reason not to publish an Apple Silicon version? All dependencies support it.
>
> [1] https://formulae.brew.sh/formula/duck#default
>> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cyberduck/CBDC55DF-6D44-42D2-B7BB-864907BCF0DB%40cyberduck.io.

David Kocher

Dec 17, 2021, 2:55:13 AM12/17/21