The "Open in Terminal" requires logging in again

Waqqas Hanafi

Sep 18, 2022, 7:49:40 AM9/18/22
to Cyberduck
I am able to keep my password saved in my bookmark when opening new browsers in Cyberduck: I simply double-click the bookmark.

However, when I click "Go" > "Open in Terminal", I am forced to type in my password again to login. How do I make it so when I "Open in Terminal", I don't have to type in my password to login to my SSH (a Debian server) ?

David Kocher

Oct 7, 2022, 11:29:45 AM10/7/22
to 'Gefter Chongong' via Cyberduck
On 18 Sep 2022, at 13:49, Waqqas Hanafi <waqqas...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am able to keep my password saved in my bookmark when opening new browsers in Cyberduck: I simply double-click the bookmark.
>
> However, when I click "Go" > "Open in Terminal", I am forced to type in my password again to login. How do I make it so when I "Open in Terminal", I don't have to type in my password to login to my SSH (a Debian server) ?

Setup public key authentication instead. Refer to https://docs.cyberduck.io/protocols/sftp/#public-key-authentication

— David