lost connection during multi-file uploads

Angel Marcloid

Apr 7, 2022, 10:43:35 AM4/7/22
to Cyberduck
Hello!

Sometimes when I upload many large files at once, I get a broken connection (broken pipe? Broken pipeline? I forget the exact error message).

But this isn't the problem I am trying to solve... the problem is that I have no idea which file(s) were truncated in this upload.

I could look on my server and compare file sizes, but sometimes the file size appears to be the correct size but *still* hasn't fully uploaded. Sometimes files appear to have been fully uploaded but because the file size displayed is rounded, the file still may have been truncated a tiny bit before completion (it may be a matter of bytes). Therefore I cannot rely on the file size displayed to know which files fully uploaded and which ones only partially uploaded.

So, what I am trying to figure out is if Cyberduck can actually tell me which file(s) have been truncated during that broken connection.

The only ways around this are 1) re-uploading ALL the files, which will hog my bandwidth and possibly raise my ISP monthly fee due to bandwidth limits. Or 2) downloading the files I uploaded, and attempt to open them, which also hogs bandwidth. Or 3) simply uploading one large file at a time, which is pretty annoying when I have 20 or 30 to back-up, and I don't want to sit at my computer all day watching the queue and progress bar.

Does anyone know how I can find out which files did not complete uploading when this happens?