High CPU bug in 4.13.4

Patrick C

Jan 29, 2023, 7:36:20 PM1/29/23
to Cyberduck
Mac OSX 12.6.1 and 13.2

CPU jumps to 700-800% and stays there for hours on end. Discovered only when waking up the next morning.

Downgraded to 4.13.2 and now resolved.

Please fix this.

Patrick C

Jan 29, 2023, 7:36:47 PM1/29/23
to Cyberduck
Sorry to add this is in Mountain Duck

Yves Langisch

Feb 3, 2023, 5:25:04 AM2/3/23
to Cyberduck
Can you please post a debug log file (Preferences -> Connection) from the latest version when seeing the high CPU after waking your computer up? You can enable debug logging once you see the high CPU and let it collect data for a few seconds before posting the log file. Feel free to post the logfile to support__at__mountainduck.io.

Yves Langisch

Feb 21, 2023, 2:53:38 AM2/21/23
to Cyberduck
This might be resolved in 4.13.5 which ultimately prevents Spotlight from indexing mount locations.

Patrick C

Feb 21, 2023, 8:49:14 PM2/21/23
to Cyberduck
We have stopped using Mountain Duck. After downgrading several versions we discovered this bug has always been there, and the CPU always goes to > 700-800%.

Until its fully resolved we're unlikely to come back or recommend it. We don't want our laptops to be overheating without reason.