Registration Key for Cyberduck vs "duck" CLI tool on MacOS

Forrest Aldrich

Apr 30, 2022, 12:24:22 AM4/30/22
to Cyberduck
I reported this potential issue to the support address, however...

I see that my registration key is indeed present in the correct directory:

~/Library/Group Containers/G69SCX94XU.duck/Library/Application Support/duck/

-rw-r--r--  1 username  staff  679 Aug 23  2020 n[omitted].cyberducklicense

In my case, the "duck" command was installed via MacPorts, and it appears there may be some disparity between how this works vs. the GUI-based application.

In MacPorts, we have the bundle installed in:

/opt/local/libexec/duck/duck.bundle/

I do not see any configuration file or setting that may indicate a different Application Support location, one would presume that the CLI would simply refer to the correct location on MacOS.  Perhaps this is a bug or oversight?

David Kocher

Jun 27, 2022, 10:35:52 AM6/27/22
to Cyberduck
Can you try to install Cyberduck CLI from the PKG Installer or Homebrew as it looks like the package in MacPorts is outdated.