S3 upload 'Compare' function changed v8.5.3

Hunter Furnish

Jan 16, 2023, 8:36:09 PM1/16/23
to Cyberduck
Hello, I use Cyberduck to push data into an S3 bucket. After my upload completes, I "reload" the transfer and utilize the "Compare" setting to confirm data is uploaded with correct size/checksum. This worked fine up to v8.5.2 early December 2022.

I skipped to v8.5.4 early January 2023 and something in the "Compare" transfer reload behavior changed. My experienced behavior is none of my completed uploads skip existing files. Instead, every file is re-uploaded in its entirety despite existing in the bucket with no changes. If I used the "Skip" setting, all data is skipped, but I need to use "Compare" to satisfy client checksum verification requirements.

I backdated to 8.5.3, same behavior. I backdated to 8.5.2, original behavior returned. My reloaded transfers with "Compare" now correctly skip existing data with checksum.

Is anyone aware of why the "Compare" functionality changed in 8.5.3 or could this be a bug?

Thank you,

David Kocher

Feb 3, 2023, 4:24:36 AM2/3/23
to 'Gefter Chongong' via Cyberduck