window scaling/size issue

Ainsley Wortman

Nov 30, 2021, 10:10:49 PM11/30/21
to Cyberduck
Hey everyone,

I'm new here and new to CS in general so forgive me for not knowing the right terms or if this was elsewhere in the group and I missed it but I am having trouble with the way that the Cyberduck windows are opening.

This is what I'm getting:

cyberduck1.pngcyberduck2.png
As you can see the content within each window isn't scaled correctly and I cannot resize the windows to make them larger (only smaller actually).
What I have tried:
- checking for updates (all up to date)
- did some digging and tried to adjust the config file with a DPIawareness block of code but I kept getting an "access denied" message upon trying to save it so that didn't pan out

John Navas

Nov 30, 2021, 10:21:28 PM11/30/21
to Cyberduck
What platform are you using (OS and version)?
Do you have a High DPI monitor? If so, what is the scaling? Have you tried different scaling?

Ainsley Wortman

Nov 30, 2021, 10:38:26 PM11/30/21
to Cyberduck
Windows 11, and I'm on a laptop that has a 3840x2160 resolution currently. I tried doing a custom scaling to 100% and 250% (auto is 300%) and it made everything much smaller but didn't seem to fix anything with Cyberduck
Message has been deleted

John Navas

Nov 30, 2021, 11:09:28 PM11/30/21
to Cyberduck
That means you have a High DPI (increased pixel density) display.
Cross-platform apps like Cyberduck usually rely on GUI libraries, which can have problems on High DPI displays.
I think Cyberduck uses WxWidgets, but I don't know for sure.
Like you I have a High DPI display (2560x1440, 14 in) laptop, and my scaling is set to 150% in Windows 8.1.
Cyberduck displays reasonably well, but is far from perfect.
On the left is my display. On the right is closer to what it should look like.
Note the overlaid elements and hidden text on the left.
     Cyberduck_20211130-195229.046.png     download.jpg
As a test, try setting display resolution at (say) 1920x1080 at 100% display scaling.

David Kocher

Dec 3, 2021, 2:45:55 AM12/3/21
to Cyberduck
We are tracking this issue in https://github.com/iterate-ch/cyberduck/issues/8961